Monday, May 27, 2013

INSEPARABLE by Missy Johnson




 
Nineteen year old Lily is still struggling with the death of her identical twin, Abby, a year earlier when she moves away from home for college.
Following Abby’s death, Lily spent time in a psych facility after she was still seeing, hearing and speaking to Abby as though she was still alive. Now, ready to begin college, Abby only shows up in her dreams.

A chance encounter with Dane Hansen changes Lily’s life. Lily’s friends warn her off becoming involved with Dane. He’s bad news, according to the rumors, anyway..

Now, he’s back, nearly a year after he disappeared off the face of the earth weeks into his freshman year at college. But Dane is far from the popular, womanizing, athlete he once was.

Dane has experienced loss himself, after his six year old sister was abducted and murdered nearly ten years ago. He understands Lily, and the more time he spends with her, the harder he falls.

There is something he hasn’t told her though, something almost nobody knows, and it’s something that might stop Lily from feeling the same way.
  
 
 EXCERPT:
 
What now?” He asked, chuckling.
Nothing,” I mumbled, cursing myself. Yep, this was going awesomely. How could I not be expecting a second date? I sighed, “Okay yes, I’m slightly odd. Your leg touched me and I jumped and then I saw your hand and wanted to hold it,” I was rambling.
Oh. My. God. What the hell was I doing?
Like this?” He reached, his fingers softly combing over my own, until his whole hand covered mine. I would’ve gasped, but I was forcing myself not to react. On the inside, my body was going mental. I was having hot and cold flushes, tingles and numbness all at the same time and all were fighting each other.
You’ve got soft hands,” He chuckled, “I believe you that you’re a nut, but maybe I like nuts.”
He likes nuts? I giggled as his face went red.
Not what I meant, Lily,” He muttered amused, running a hand through his hair, “I like you. I want to get to know you.
Awesome,” I replied, a giddy smile on my face. I pulled my hand out from under his, resting mine on top, gently running my nails over his soft skin. Our fingers twirled together, when the sudden urge to beat him at a thumb war came over me. I slammed my thumb down over his.
Yes!” I cheered.
What the hell, Lil?” He chuckled, confused, “Did you just cheer because you beat me in a thumb war that I didn’t even know we were having?” I reddened. Well, when he put it like that, it didn’t sound nearly as impressive.
 
Author Bio
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.
 
 
Author Links
 
Book Links
 
 
Give-away
 

1 comment: