Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sin at Sea by Emma Nichols Review

  
Sin at Sea
by Emma Nichols
Review by Wendy
4 Stars

Sin at Sea starts out with Alysin wanting to surprise her long time boyfriend at work with an impromptu dinner, and instead is the one that gets the surprise. Yep you guessed it, he's working overtime alright, overtime nailing his secretary to the conference room table. Alysin handles the situation a lot better than I would, but once she leaves she promptly calls her BFF Jolie and tells her it's time to pack up and move on. Alysin and Jolie have been BFF's forever and their jobs as "digital nomads" allows them the freedom to work from anywhere, so when one of them is ready to go, they go. Alysin and Jolie decide to go on a cruise to gather their thoughts and formulate a plan. 
Once on the cruise ship Alysin is subjected to an unwanted pass and she grabs the first guy she sees and says he's her husband, to thwart the other man. The new man she has picked up wants to keep up the ruse for the duration of the cruise. Alysin agrees only if they don't exchange any info, no names, no emails, no Address, nothing and once the cruise is over they part ways. 
This novella was a pretty quick read with a lot of hotness. There is F/F, F/F/M, F/M scenes and some people may not like this aspect, the majority of the book was M/F and it didn't bother me or take away from the story in my opinion. 
The dialog flowed well and the descriptions of the cruise and locations, excursions seemed accurate enough for me to visualize. 
My only hang up in the book was this, since they didn't exchange names she kept calling him Mr Bedroom Eyes or BE for short. Now you may ask why I was bothered by this. I work in the medical field and a BE is a "barium enema" so every time I read BE all I could think about was an enema. If you don't know what that is, be grateful and don't look it up. 
Over all I really enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to the next installment of the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment