Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Midnight Caller by NJ Cole

Synopsis

Rebecca Summers enjoys pleasing herself with the curtains open. When a mysterious stranger calls to tell her that he is watching, fantasy becomes reality as she begins to perform for him. Following his instructions over the phone while he watches from afar, she finds herself craving more. 
Oliver Durant has always been drawn to humans to exert the dominance and control his kind needs to feel alive. While secretly observing her and calling nightly, he can’t seem to get enough of Rebecca, whom he refers to as butterfly. His urges with her are stronger than the need to dominate, as he is driven to possess her in every way. 
Both of their worlds are turned upside down when they finally meet and she agrees to enter into a Dominant/submissive relationship with her Midnight Caller.



Author Bio:

NJ Cole is a witty, mid-western girl with a kinky side. She works by day and writes by night, all while being a mother to her wonderful boys and serving her Sir. Unlike many of today’s authors, she chooses to write in first person, allowing the readers to experience life through the eyes of the unique characters that live in her head. Her love of those characters and respect for their stories come through loud and clear in her writing. With over two million reads of her online work in the past six months, NJ Cole is clearly an up and coming author.

 REVIEW:

4starts
Review by Wendy 
I was gifted an ARC for an honest review. 

Rebecca Summers plays by the rules. Until one night, reading a steamy novel, she starts pleasuring herself, and then realizes a man across the street just watched her do that. She's embarrassed but oddly aroused by the experience. Years later she is still excited by pleasing herself with the curtains open, but with the lights off, and being on the 14th floor, there is no chance anyone can actually see her...right?
Oliver Durant enjoys being a Dom. He has the perfect Sub, Gretchen. 
One night he happens to see Rebecca in all her glory and is immediately drawn to her. Why he doesn't know, but he knows he wants her. 
Oliver starts calling Rebecca to praise her in her performance, but how can anyone see her. Must be a wrong number...right?  Rebecca is soon drawn into a exhibitionistic   world and gets more excited by "sir" watching her.  
First, when I was asked to review this book, I was interested in the premise. I didn't realize there was a paranormal aspect to the book, and at first my suspicions about the paranormal group turned out to be wrong. When I found out what Oliver is, my first instinct was, "really?" I was initially let down and wasn't sure I wanted to read it anymore, but something told me to stick with it. Boy, am I glad I did. The story, for the most part, flowed well and I was drawn into Oliver "Sir" and Rebecca's "Butterfly" relationship and where it all was going to go. The story is told in the first person from multiple characters (mostly Rebecca and Oliver's) perspective and you are really allowed into their heads and why they do what they do. 
The author NJ Cole has a talent for writing a compelling story that makes stalking look appealing. 
The story doesn't per-say have a cliffhanger, but does leave it open to continue the story, which is something I hope she does, because there are so many ways the story could go.  
Like I said, this is not my normal(paranormal) story that I would be attracted to, but I am very glad I gave this story a chance. If you are looking for a hot, fun, exciting, and maybe out of your comfort zone, take a chance on this story. I was plesently surprised.  


LINKS
https://www.facebook.com/njcoleauthor?ref=ts&fref=ts
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17886210-midnight-caller
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7077804.N_J_Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment